Wednesday, March 27, 2013

AM ONLY A "CHILD"

Revised, instead of the word “dog”, inserted the word “child”~~~My own interpretation 

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/i-am-a-dog-not-a-thing

AM ONLY A “CHILD”~~Am I “not” worthy too?

I am a child. I am a living, breathing human. I feel pain, joy, love, fear and pleasure.
I am not a thing. If I am hit - I will bruise, I will bleed, I will break. I will feel pain. I am not a thing.
I am a child. I enjoy playtime, but more than anything, I enjoy time with my family. I want to sleep where you sleep and walk where you walk. I am a child and I feel love...I crave companionship.
I enjoy the touch of a kind hand and the softness of a good bed. I want to be with my family, I was born a child, not to live a life of solitude.
I get too cold and I get too hot. I experience hunger and thirst. I am a living creature, not a thing.
When you leave, I want to go with you. I long for the sound of your voice. I will do most anything to please you.


I am a child. My actions are not dictated by money, greed, or hatred. I do not know prejudice. I live in the moment and am ruled by love and loyalty.
Do not mistake me for a mindless object. I can feel and I can think. I can experience more than physical pain, I can feel fear and joy. I can feel love and confusion. I have emotions. I am human.
I am a child. I am not able to care for myself without your help. If you choose to tie me up and refuse to feed me, I will starve. If you abandon me, I will experience fear and loneliness. I am not a piece of property to be dumped and forgotten.
If you choose to leave me, I will be frightened and bewildered.
I am a child - a living, breathing human. Please provide me with the things that I need to keep me healthy and happy.
Provide me with good nutrients, warm home and your love. Do not abandon me. Do not kick me. Do not throw me away, when your life gets too busy. If you LOVE ME, Make a commitment to me for the entirety of my life.
If you desert me, I do not have the means to care for myself. I am at the mercy of the kindness of people - if I fall into the wrong hands, my life will be in danger.
I will experience pain, fear and loneliness. If I wind up in possible foster care, I have only my eyes to implore someone to save me.
I am a child. I want to give and receive love. I want to live. I am not a thing. I am not a piece of property. Please treat me with kindness, love and respect. I AM ONLY A “CHILD”
(NO intention to take credit for the above original contents, URL is provided above, to give credit to the author)
Children are so important too, and should also be treated as the human they are.

Knight 2/2011

No comments: