Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Juvenile offender turned advocate~A MUST READ

http://www.juvenile-in-justice.com/good-news-starcia-ague

Well worth reading and sharing......EXCERPT.......please read full article

"If you had told me when I was six years old and living in homeless shelter after homeless shelter… 
or when I was 12 years old and living in a meth lab… 
or when I was 15 and standing before a judge facing felony charges of robbery and kidnapping… 
or when I was 20 and still fighting the system to get the education I knew was my only hope for a decent life… 
If you’d told me then that I would one day describe my life as a success story… well, I guess saying that’s just plain crazy doesn’t quite go far enough. Impossible? That’s closer. But… here I am. And I am proud to say that I am a success… even though I know I have a whole lot more I need to accomplish............."

No comments: